Thursday, January 30, 2014

What Can I Do?



"I want to help, but I have no money! What can I do?!"



Does this sound familiar? Sounds familiar to Chris and I as well.

Here's the thing. EVERY DOLLAR helps. If you can only give $1, it WILL make a difference. I have over 1200 people on my Facebook friends list. If every one of them gave $1, we would be $1200+ closer! If every one of them gave $20, we would be $24,000 closer! So you see, your dollar MATTERS. PLEASE do not NOT give because you feel it is insignificant. Each dollar is one step closer to bringing two precious boys to a better life that they otherwise wouldn't have. AND, God loves a cheerful giver! This means giving out of love and compassion and not compulsion or guilt. 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 says, "The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully[will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." I believe this is a cause to be cheerful about. I cannot tell you how much I hate asking people for money. But I am asking, because I believe it is what the Lord wants for these boys. They are WORTH my discomfort and the hurt to my pride.

There are multiple ways you can give.
  • Straight donate: www.bringinghomeourboys.org. Unfortunately, PayPal fees ARE deducted and it is not tax deductible at this time. However, we are working on an alternative, but it may take a couple of months.
  • Buy a t-shirt. Not only do we get a portion of the money, it's also a great opportunity for you to tell others about our cause! www.teespring.com/bringinghomeourboys
  • Buy from our friends. We have many generous friends who are donating proceeds from their businesses. Perhaps you were already in the market for one of these items. If you purchase from our friends, you can help bring home our boys.

    1. Scentsy: Tiffany. https://jamesandtiffanyburns.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home?partyId=220737129
    2. (You can also email Tiffany at
    3. Mary Kay: Jennifer. She currently does not have a website, so let me know and I will get you the "hook up."
    4. K & B Moonwalk: www.kandbmoonwalk.com.If you live in the Livingston or Lufkin areas, check them out! Be sure to mention the Andersons!
    5. Younique Makeup: Carrie. https://www.youniqueproducts.com/beYOUtifulYOU/party/55341/view Check out the awesome Fiber 3D Mascara!!!!
    6. Advocare: Kori. www.Advocare.com/120123825
    7. Custom scrapbooks: Alicia. All the work is done for you1 All you have to do is insert your pictures! Each 8x8 album is $50 and includes stickers, specialty papers and more. Choose wedding, graduation, baby, etc.
  • Spread the word. This is a good cause. It's a personal cause. Many people who are strangers to us may be willing to give because of the cause. You can wear your t-shirt proudly and tell people where it came from. You can can share on Facebook and on Twitter. You can tell people what your money is going for. You can...
     
  • Hold your own fundraiser. Have a garage sale. Babysit. Sell jewelry you make. Remember that you know a LOT of people I don't know. And your people know other people, and so on, and so on.

  • PRAY.  Pray, pray, pray. Chris and I are clinging to a lot of promises the Lord makes to us. Romans 8:28 says, "All things work together for those that love God and are called according to His purpose." John 14:12-14 says, "“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." God is God. He can do anything He wants. And if this is what He wants, it WILL happen. And maybe, just maybe, He wants to use YOU to do it.

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm praying! I will have to see how I can help, financially. We are still buried under the medical bills, from my coma and subsequent hospital visits, but I'm sure I can figure out something. I love you Anderson peeps (and soon-to-be Anderson peeps)! Can't wait for your newest expansion! :) PS...I'm going to fee like a REAL idiot, if all of attempted comments show up, here! LOL! - JuJu

    ReplyDelete