Saturday, January 25, 2014

Slap in the Face

It's been one of those days. One of those days when I can't seem to find the positive in anything. I have been on a major organizing kick lately, one where I am so driven that it is all I want to do, but all I can see is everything ELSE I need to be doing. The kids are leaving messes everywhere, the baby's diapers need washing, the clean laundry needs folding and the house majorly needs decorating (for my peace of mind, silly I know, but yet another unfinished task), and I am ready to get this adoption thing rolling--on MY time--not the Lord's. This popped up on Facebook earlier, like the slap in the face I needed (like yesterday's elephant wasn't big enough?!):

Photo: God doesn't always call the equipped but He always equips the called.

The Lord did not say, "Audrey and Chris, because you have so much money to give, I want you to trust Me and adopt these children." He said, "I want you to trust Me and adopt these children." I can already tell that allowing Him complete control--trusting Him--is going to be the name of this game and the only way to find peace in the midst of it. I am ready for my babies to be home NOW. I would LOVE to wake up tomorrow morning to an email that said, $39,000 has just been deposited into your account. And it could happen, IF the Lord wants it to. But that wouldn't build my faith much, I don't think. Proverbs 3:5-6 says,"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track." (The Message) So as I wake up each day and see that ominous number looming I will remind myself (and need you, my friends and family to remind me from time to time) that God is SO much bigger than a mere $40,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment