Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Much Needed Update

Many of you have asked how the fundraising was going, and I have been vague. For that, I apologize. The truth is, I have been busy--too busy--to stop and add it all up. And I have been doubting God. This $40,000 mountain seems so very, very big and it is easier just to pretend it is not there. I heard recently that instead of telling God how big my mountains were, to tell the mountains how big my God is. And it is true. Just hard. We have now raised almost $10,000 (the YouCaring site only shows what is raised through the site, not fundraisers and cash donations, so if you don't see it change much, that's why). That's a lot more than we started with! We have also hit some bumps in the adoption road. We knew there would be some, we just didn't expect them to be quite so soon! So we covet your prayers for wisdom and grace, and strength. This may be the biggest journey we have ever been on--perhaps will ever be on--and as exciting as it is, it is terrifying, too. There are SO many unknowns and new things to deal with, every day even. Pray for our children as they deal with busier and more stressed than normal Mommy and Daddy. Pray that God will prepare their little hearts for the changes to come. Pray for D and S and all of Ukraine as they seek peace in a such scary time.

Also, I have good and bad news. D is coming in two weeks, for two months as a host child!!!! I cannot WAIT to see him!But the bad news is, because of these "bumps" we have encountered we are not yet far enough along in our process to discuss the "a-word" (adoption) with D. Therefore, if you know us, see us on a regular basis or just happen to run into us in the next couple of months, it is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE that you do NOT mention the "a-word," ask questions about it or even HINT about it in his presence. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be sensitive to this. I realize it will be difficult when we are doing so much fundraising, and people all over know our situation, but I BEG you not to until we are told it is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment